Topics

Next ISS SSTV Event

Clint Bradford

From ARISS -

**Update July 30, 2019**

Confirmed that the SSTV images to be sent from Aug. 1-4 will be the Owen Garriott images. It is unknown how the current hardware issue will impact the operation during this period of time.

http://ariss-sstv.blogspot.com/

Clint Bradford

SSTV: AMSAT ARGENTINA AWARD still running! by Micol Ivancic

SSTV event is running!

Remember that, in addition to ARISS SSTV AWARD as communicated in ARISS New Release #12, there is also the AMSAT ARGENTINA SSTV AWARD still running! By now only four hams got it. Enjoy!

All informations and rules here: http://amsat.org.ar/?f=9

Just successfully received Images 10 and 11 of the ISS’ SSTV project this afternoon.

1. Uploaded them to …

https://www.spaceflightsoftware.com/ARISS_SSTV/submit.php

2. Then I went to the Polish site to apply for their “diploma” award …

https://ariss.pzk.org.pl/sstv/

3. Then I applied for a QSL card from the ISS. For the US, send your reception report
(date, time in UTC, frequency, and mode (voice, packet, or SSTV) to the address
that follows. Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (no cash nor IRC coupons)
to ...

Bruce Hunter, W6WW
ARISS USA QSL Manager
13436 Lakota Road
Apple Valley CA 92308

For other countries, please go to https://www.ariss.org/qsl-cards.html for info!

And if I had received 15 or more images, I could have applied for AMSAT-
Argentina's award at ...

http://www.amsat.org.ar/

What fun!!!

Clint

Amir K9CHP

I got this pic from the ISS... It just dies not look like the other pics I got so far. Did anybody else get that one? The call sign, checked on QRZ, does not seem related to space programs..

--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator (EC)
Liverpool Amateur Repeater Club www.W2CM.org
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse  www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR (ret.) www.wsar.org
Eagle Valley Search Dogs (ret.) www.evdogs.org

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019, 20:13 Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
From ARISS -

**Update July 30, 2019**

Confirmed that the SSTV images to be sent from Aug. 1-4 will be the Owen Garriott images. It is unknown how the current hardware issue will impact the operation during this period of time.

http://ariss-sstv.blogspot.com/

Not one of the 12 from the ISS (g).

Well, at least not an image involved in the official ARISS event.

It WAS transmitted through ISS equipment - a kind if
”hack” by a ham - the details of which I do not want to publish.

Clint Bradford

Slawek SQ3OOK (ARISS SSTV Award Manager) and his team are to be commended for their work on these “diplomas.”

Amir K9CHP

Thanks, Clint.

--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator (EC)
Liverpool Amateur Repeater Club www.W2CM.org
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse  www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR (ret.) www.wsar.org
Eagle Valley Search Dogs (ret.) www.evdogs.org

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019, 18:21 Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Not one of the 12 from the ISS (g).

Well, at least not an image involved in the official ARISS event.

It WAS transmitted through ISS equipment - a kind if
”hack” by a ham - the details of which I do not want to publish.

Fred Hillhouse

Hi Clint,
Regarding QSL card:
Never requested one before.
Do I need to send card or just a report?
What size is returned card? I want to ensure a large enough envelope.
What is typical return postage in USA?

Thank you!
Fred N7FMH

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 8:25 PM -0400, "Clint Bradford via Groups.Io" <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Just successfully received Images 10 and 11 of the ISS’ SSTV project this afternoon.

1. Uploaded them to …

https://www.spaceflightsoftware.com/ARISS_SSTV/submit.php

2. Then I went to the Russian's site to apply for their “diploma” award …

https://ariss.pzk.org.pl/sstv/

3. Then I applied for a QSL card from the ISS. For the US, send your reception report
(date, time in UTC, frequency, and mode (voice, packet, or SSTV) to the address
that follows. Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (no cash nor IRC coupons)
to ...

Bruce Hunter, W6WW
ARISS USA QSL Manager
13436 Lakota Road
Apple Valley CA 92308

For other countries, please go to https://www.ariss.org/qsl-cards.html for info!

And if I had received 15 or more images, I could have applied for AMSAT-
Argentina's award at ...

http://www.amsat.org.ar/

What fun!!!

Just use a Number 10 regular envelope, self-addressed  and with a First Class stamp, and send off to Bruce!!!

Fred Hillhouse

Thank you!

I received two decent images this time. I made a 2-element Yagi which appears to be an improvement over my old Diamond rubber duck.

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 1:34 PM -0400, "Clint Bradford via Groups.Io" <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Just use a Number 10 regular envelope, self-addressed  and with a First Class stamp, and send off to Bruce!!!

Clint Bradford

Good job!

>> ... When is the next SSTV event from the ISS?

Looking forward to another project in October!

Clint