Topics

New here and trying to program my Kenwood TH-D72

Tim Carroll

Hello,
Name here is Tim,KE4HGP.Just getting my feet wet in this part of the Amatuer World.Trying to make sure i am understanding this.I Put receive freq's in the A and txmt freq in B.I am assuming to save them in mem say for the SO-50,would be like Mem Chnl #501 TX Freq,TXTone,Mem Chnl 502 RX REQ,Rx Tone.Where i am getting confused is on the band part.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank's
73'S
Tim Carroll
KE4HGP

Clint Bradford

Tim  AND OTHERS TODAY -

We have exchanged private email messages ... But this old guy is shot this evening.
'Twas supposed to be a day off - bit I was compelled to satisfy three clients - and
200 miles apart (grin) on y "day off."

Others here will respond to you ... and not, I will reply tomorrow - Friday!

Clint (tired old guy) Bradford
951-533-4984 - private cell number (grin)

Clint Bradford

The basics for the 'D72a ...

-Use VFO B for TX
-VFO A for RX (it has better sensitivity)
-balanced audio all the way to VFO A
-open squelch for VFO A
-5W transmit
-Turn DUPlex ON