Topics

More Tripe

Wow, the same malcontent mentioned earlier now says I have called hams and kids "nazis and klan kids."

Another case of, "It never happened ."

 The post he cites was a response of mine to his mandate that for me to be respected as a speaker, I must shave my beard, wear khaki pants, ditch my Hawaiian shirts and only wear golf shirts with two of three buttons buttoned. Let his words speak for themselves:

"When I give presentations/demonstrations to others,
the REQUIRED ATTIRE consists of corporate casual
clothing i.e. khaki pants and a banker’s shirt or a golf
shirt with two of the three buttons buttoned.

" ... those that CAN'T CONFORM and continue to
have POOR PERSONAL HYGIENE and continue to wear
‘loud patterned’ Hawaiian shirts should be shunned by
typical amateur radio operators who prefer more
conservative clothing and who also prefer presenters to
be PROPERLY SHAVEN or, at least, have trimmed beards
and mustaches."

My reply? "Geeze, I conform to your ridiculous dress code, and I'd look like a little nazi, or klan kid ."

 No reasonable reader of that could interpret it as, "Clint's calling hams and kids bad names."

 But "rationality" and "being reasonable" are not concepts in play here.

Sorry to waste time on this and subject you to it.

"Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." - Albert Einstein

 "Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -John F. Kennedy

Clint Bradford

An original reply from a member:

edwardziegler@...
Apr 14

It's idiots like this that are keeping young people out of our hobby...Wonder if he keeps to his dress code when he is at home operating his radios?