Topics

Monthly Plea for ARISS

Clint Bradford

ARISS Needs Your Support!
Two fundraising initiatives are underway - go to http://www.ariss.org/donate.html

1. Next-generation Hardware Upgrade via Fundrazr.com

Your donation supports ...

  • Space-rated new-generation radio system, including -
    • Higher-power radios
    • Dedicated multi-voltage power supplies
    • Cabling and connectors
  • Development and fabrication
  • Hardware certification and testing

2. Annual Fund for Operations

Your donation supports ...

  • Operations and training
  • Technical and administration
    • Enhancing educational outcomes
    • Enhancing public outreach
    • Improved communications
    • Business development
    • Metric compilation and analysis

Donations are managed by AMSAT-NA through a special fund for ARISS.
http://www.ariss.org/donate.html   -   All donations go directly to ARISS.
Picture
Challenge Coin available for donations of $100 or more!

Clint Bradford

QST magazine - July, 2018 - has an excellent article outlining what is occurring regarding
interoperability and getting Kenwoods back installed and on the air for us!

ARRL life member and VE Joe Lynch N6CL cites ARISS in North America and in Russia, JVC-Kenwood,
more NASA-trained ARISS volunteers, ARISS chairperson Frank Bauer, NASA, and highlighting the
tasks performed by these wonderful VOLUNTEERS who are making this project a reality:

Louis McFadin W5DID
Kerry Banke N6IZW
Bob Davis KF4KSS
Ed Krome K9EK
Dave Taylor W8AAS
Bob "APRS" WB4APR
Shun Aota JL1BD
"Kenwood" Phil Parton N4DRO
Ken Ranson N5VHO
Ken Ernades N2WWD
Gordon Scannell KD8COJ

While having all these volunteers perform their tasks - and thereby saving ARISS more than $50K,
it is going to take at least another $150K to fully fund the ten stations requires for the project (two
Kenwood D710GA on the ISS, two for use as flight backups, three as training units, one for system
testing, one for engineering testing and development, and one for firmware testing).

Your donations are welcomed at ...

http://www.ariss.org/donate.html

Jer W

Clint,
If I win the Michigan Lotto tomorrow night, I will write the check
for $150K so there is no stagnation for these wonderful projects for Amateur radio.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Monday, July 16, 2018 4:30 PM, Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

[...]

If I win the CA Lotto, I am going to commission Kenwood to make
a slightly-improved TH-F6a - adding their voice chip - make 10,000
of 'em, and donating 9,998 of them to HandiHams. (Gonna keep two
for myself.) I heard from MANY visually impaired hams how much they
enjoyed that rig ...

THEN monies will be sent to ARISS in care of Rosalie White - for any
project / fund she deems fit.

Then to the ARRL - asking (retired) Mary Hobart where some bucks should
go. I will solicit input from ARRL Orange Section Guru Carl Gardenias, too.

Then I'll pay off the mortgage on the house.

Keep on dreaming' on!

Clint

Jer W

Clint,