Topics

Mode Question

Brad Smith

Clint:

Would you please explain if the mode change on AO-92 affects an Arrow antenna user?  also, where can I find your handle modification for the Arrow antenna?

Brad Smith KC9UQR

AO-92 has a 1.2GHz Uplink more - which is turned ON for about 24 hours every week or so.

SO - you can hear its 2M downlink just fine ... but unless you have an antenna and radio capable of 1.2GHz, then you won’t make it ...

AMSAT-NA’s Twitter feed announces the changes ... and you can also watch the OSCAR Status Page to see what is being worked ...

https://www.amsat.org/status/

My Arrow “mods” are on the PHOTOS page at ...

http://www.k6lcs.com

And a couple aesthetic mods are at ...

http://work-sat.com/HAMJAM-2018.html

Clint Bradford

After seeing a photo of my Arrow with a USB fan attached, a viewer asked, “Why? Why a FAN on a satellite antenna?”

It was well over 90 degrees in the shade at that event ... and iOS phones shut down when they get too hot.

The fan was keeping air flowing across my smartphone - while running a satellite tracking program.

Brad Smith

Is PO-101 a ham radio satellite that is available to us? I didn't hear a thing on it today.

Is AO-7 still a usable satellite and how can one work it?

Brad Smith KC9UQR

Greg

Is there any one source that lists current or active satellites AND  maybe correct frequencies?