Topics

Mini Ground Station

Brent Crier

Just wondering if anyone on here built one of these? I'm just waiting for my parts to arrive to start mine.

http://www.sarcnet.org/files/GippsTech/11%20Mini%20Satellite%20Ground%20Station.pdf

-Brent N9BC

Fred Hillhouse

It would be a fun project. I had seen something like this before (it could have been this) and wondered if being able to twist the antenna is useful.

Or maybe a circular polarized antenna (quadix by Ross Anderson W1HBQ) would be better like in the photo below. At one point I was thinking that adding a 70CM section ahead of the 2M section.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

Image result for ross anderson antenna

Just wondering if anyone on here built one of these? I'm just waiting for my parts to arrive to start mine.

http://www.sarcnet.org/files/GippsTech/11%20Mini%20Satellite%20Ground%20Station.pdf

-Brent N9BC

Seems like a lot of work to do what a simple quadrifiler helix antenna will do in a stationary position. I like to keep it simple.

Brad

Sent from Brad’s iPad

On Aug 17, 2018, at 10:01 AM, Brent Crier <bcrier@...> wrote:

Just wondering if anyone on here built one of these? I'm just waiting for my parts to arrive to start mine.

http://www.sarcnet.org/files/GippsTech/11%20Mini%20Satellite%20Ground%20Station.pdf

-Brent N9BC

Fred Hillhouse

Seems like a lot of work to do what a simple quadrifiler helix antenna will do in a stationary position. I like to keep it simple.

Brad

Do you transmit using that antenna?

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH