Topics

Looking for satellite antenna options for restricted areas

Paul AC9O

Hi All,

I have been working handheld with an Arrow on the FM Sats and am looking for options for a base station antenna, but I have HOA restrictions that limit what I can put up.

I don't think I can manage a rotatable array so that limits it to omni-directional antennas.

Does anyone have any experience with any?

Thanks and 73
Paul, AC9O

Pedro Sousa

Paul,

I have written an article for the AMSAT journal last year testing omnis.

73 Pedro
CU2ZG .

Please excuse any typos or briefness

On 15 Jun 2020, at 23:06, Paul AC9O <pphiliphome@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have been working handheld with an Arrow on the FM Sats and am looking for options for a base station antenna, but I have HOA restrictions that limit what I can put up.

I don't think I can manage a rotatable array so that limits it to omni-directional antennas.

Does anyone have any experience with any?

Thanks and 73
Paul, AC9O

T W

Good morning Pedro, is there a link available for your article?

73 Tom
kf6kyd

On 15 Jun 2020, at 18:46, Pedro Sousa via groups.io <pedro@...> wrote:

Paul,

I have written an article for the AMSAT journal last year testing omnis.

73 Pedro
CU2ZG .

Please excuse any typos or briefness

On 15 Jun 2020, at 23:06, Paul AC9O <pphiliphome@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have been working handheld with an Arrow on the FM Sats and am looking for options for a base station antenna, but I have HOA restrictions that limit what I can put up.

I don't think I can manage a rotatable array so that limits it to omni-directional antennas.

Does anyone have any experience with any?

Thanks and 73
Paul, AC9O

Pedro Sousa

Hi,

The AMSAT Journal is available for members only.
However the article was also published by AMSAT Spain. Available for free here: https://www.amsat-ea.org/app/download/11441368/AMSAT-EA-Newsletter_05-2019.pdf

73 Pedro CU2ZG

Sem vírus. www.avast.com