Topics

Kenwood TH-D72

Clint Bradford

Summarizing ...

-Use VFO B for TX
-VFO A for RX (it has better sensitivity)
-balanced audio all the way to VFO A
-open squelch for VFO A
-5W transmit

Clint

Phil

>> Somewhere you need to turn on “Dup”... I maybe wrong??

Nope - you are correct!

-Use VFO B for TX
-VFO A for RX (it has better sensitivity)
-balanced audio all the way to VFO A
-open squelch for VFO A
-5W transmit

Clint

edwardziegler@...

The Elk will not require a duplexer/diplexer - just the one feedline into your '72a.

-Use VFO B for TX
-VFO A for RX (it has better sensitivity)
-balanced audio all the way to VFO A
-open squelch for VFO A
-5W transmit

Remember to OPEN SQUELCH (I have the front panel programmable button set up to adjust SQ on the fly).

And TX tone ONLY - no "closed tone" on receive.

Are you at least hearing '91 and '92??? If you aren't what is your source for sat pass data?

Clint

OK: I have tried several times to get into satellites...I have a Kenwood D-72 as mentioned in the above messages...(Hope I am not hijacking the thread!) I also have an Elk antenna...Perhaps it is advancing age or just dumb luck, but I have not been able to get the radio set up for the satellites...I am somewhat overwhelmed with duplexers, earphones, which link to actually listen to, squelch, and so on...I also have two Leixen 898 radios that actually work...Would I be better off using these two radios for send and receive and stop trying to manipulate the D-72? would I need a duplexer for the Elk antenna if I do it this way? I am probably making this whole process 12 times more difficult than it need be, but I really need a "reset" and a new beginning...Hope I am not being a pest, but I sure would appreciate the help! Thanks,

Steve KA1OWC

kevino z <z_kevino@...>

If he wants to use two radios with the elk, he will require a diplexer.
-Kevin (KK4YEL)

-----ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! But he has a Kenwood TH-D72a ... If not
damaged or busted, he SHOULD have a great setup just with it and the Elk!

(You KNOW I like keeping it simple ... (grin).)

Clint Bradford

A TH-D72a .csv datafile with the "easy" FM satellites.