Topics

ISS SSTV Projects?

Clint Bradford

ISS Ham @RF2Space Tweeted:

Hearing that a couple of #SSTV activations from #ISS may be occurring in the upcoming weeks. #hamradio. Watch for announcements.

Info for how to easily “work” it -

http://www.work-sat.com/SSTV.html

Clint Bradford

Inter-MAI activation scheduled for Jan 30 - Feb 1

Received information that the Moscow Aviation Institute will be conducting their SSTV experiment from January 30 - February 1. It appears from the scheduling that the experiment will only be active during a couple of orbits that overfly Moscow instead of a continuous operation. Rough time periods of activation appear to fall between the hours of 13:00 - 19:00 UTC. Activity should occur on the traditional 145.800 MHz downlink.

-ARISS Blogspot site

Clint Bradford

Curt Gidding

Clint,

I have a Icom 2100, Signal-Link, Elk Antenna.   How can I get SSTV images from ARISS?   Is that All I need?  What SSTV software?

Curt  KC9UL

From: Work-Sat@groups.io [mailto:Work-Sat@groups.io] On Behalf Of Curt Gidding via Groups.Io

Clint,

I have a Icom 2100, Signal-Link, Elk Antenna.   How can I get SSTV images from ARISS?   Is that All I need?  What SSTV software?

Curt  KC9UL

Robert Putala

Is there a schedule of when SSTV will be transmitted?  I attempted to receive the SSTV a few minutes ago and heard what sounded more like telemetry.  Are there any audio examples available to listen to for future signal ID?  This newbee appreciates the information!

Rob
KE8UW

From: Work-Sat@groups.io [mailto:Work-Sat@groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Putala

Is there a schedule of when SSTV will be transmitted?  I attempted to receive the SSTV a few minutes ago and heard what sounded more like telemetry.  Are there any audio examples available to listen to for future signal ID?  This newbee appreciates the information!

Rob

KE8UW

Just had a 68 degree pass and heard nothing at all. Why even bother if they are only transmitting over Moscow? that was my second pass today, with the same poor results.

KC9UQR

In a message dated 1/30/2019 2:28:42 PM Central Standard Time, clintbradford@... writes:

Fred Hillhouse

Was it between the hours of:

Daily schedule.
Jan 30 - 13:30 UTC - setup and activation
Jan 30 - 18:30 UTC - shutdown

Jan 31 - 13:20 UTC - activation
Jan 31 - 17:40 UTC - shutdown

Feb 1 - 13:45 UTC - activation
Feb 1 - 16:45 UTC - shutdown and stow

Just had a 68 degree pass and heard nothing at all. Why even bother if they are only transmitting over Moscow? that was my second pass today, with the same poor results.

KC9UQR

In a message dated 1/30/2019 2:28:42 PM Central Standard Time, clintbradford@... writes:

No, it was outside of the hours. I was hoping.

KC9UQR

In a message dated 1/31/2019 4:17:02 PM Central Standard Time, fmhillhouse@... writes:

Was it between the hours of:

Daily schedule.
Jan 30 - 13:30 UTC - setup and activation
Jan 30 - 18:30 UTC - shutdown

Jan 31 - 13:20 UTC - activation
Jan 31 - 17:40 UTC - shutdown

Feb 1 - 13:45 UTC - activation
Feb 1 - 16:45 UTC - shutdown and stow

Just had a 68 degree pass and heard nothing at all. Why even bother if they are only transmitting over Moscow? that was my second pass today, with the same poor results.

KC9UQR

In a message dated 1/30/2019 2:28:42 PM Central Standard Time, clintbradford@... writes:

The Yagi will definitely give you better results.

KC9UQR