Topics

ISS SSTV Project UP AND RUNNING!

Clint Bradford

For more details, see earlier message: https://groups.io/g/Work-Sat/message/4931

And log your reception reports at: http://www.amsat.org/status/

And post your downloaded images at: http://www.spaceflightsoftware.com/ARISS_SSTV/

KB6LTY snagged this image earlier ...

As usual, the project will sent you a beautiful certificate for receiving and posting an image ...

https://ariss.pzk.org.pl/sstv/#award_rules_en

Amir K9CHP

Reception here has not been good as the signal comes in strong then fades away,  several times during a pass.  Checked on two different receivers/antennas,  the problem is not coming from my end...

--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator, Onondaga County, NY
Liverpool Amateur Repeater Club www.W2CM.com
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse  www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR www.wsar.org (ret.)
Eagle Valley Search Dogs www.evdogs.org (ret.)

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018, 02:59 Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:
As usual, the project will sent you a beautiful certificate for receiving and posting an image ...

https://ariss.pzk.org.pl/sstv/#award_rules_en

Fred Hillhouse

I just tried a recent pass and I experienced the same with the signal but I would describe it as a switch toggling as the signal acquisition and loss were abrupt. But then, this is my first attempt.

I am using Kenwood D72 w/ Diamond RH77CA, Robot36, Samsung S5.

Regarding Robot36, does it current allow saving of the capture? I ended up just doing a screen capture. I attached my screen capture.

The next pass is almost directly overhead! 85 Degrees! J

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

Reception here has not been good as the signal comes in strong then fades away,  several times during a pass.  Checked on two different receivers/antennas,  the problem is not coming from my end...

--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator, Onondaga County, NY
Liverpool Amateur Repeater Club www.W2CM.com
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse  www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR www.wsar.org (ret.)
Eagle Valley Search Dogs www.evdogs.org (ret.)

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018, 02:59 Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

As usual, the project will sent you a beautiful certificate for receiving and posting an image ...

https://ariss.pzk.org.pl/sstv/#award_rules_en

Fred Hillhouse

My latest attempt. L

Reception here has not been good as the signal comes in strong then fades away,  several times during a pass.  Checked on two different receivers/antennas,  the problem is not coming from my end...

--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator, Onondaga County, NY
Liverpool Amateur Repeater Club www.W2CM.com
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse  www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR www.wsar.org (ret.)
Eagle Valley Search Dogs www.evdogs.org (ret.)

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018, 02:59 Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

As usual, the project will sent you a beautiful certificate for receiving and posting an image ...

https://ariss.pzk.org.pl/sstv/#award_rules_en

PD120 is the mode used for these this project!

Brad Smith

What does PD120 mean?  I can hear the signal well, but CQ SSTV just decoded it as noise. I’m at a loss for suggestions.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Jun 30, 2018, at 2:58 PM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

PD120 is the mode used for these this project!

Fred Hillhouse

Since I am reading via email I have no context for this statement. However, I did know that.

Fred N7FMH

PD120 is the mode used for these this project!

Fred Hillhouse

I use Robot36 on my Android phone. It will switch automatically but I didn’t leave that to chance so I set it to PD120 (just another encoding scheme). I don’t know the advantage of it.

Fred N7FMH

What does PD120 mean?  I can hear the signal well, but CQ SSTV just decoded it as noise. I’m at a loss for suggestions.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Jun 30, 2018, at 2:58 PM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

PD120 is the mode used for these this project!

_._,_._,_

I’m using an iPhone 8.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Jun 30, 2018, at 5:17 PM, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

I use Robot36 on my Android phone. It will switch automatically but I didn’t leave that to chance so I set it to PD120 (just another encoding scheme). I don’t know the advantage of it.

Fred N7FMH

What does PD120 mean?  I can hear the signal well, but CQ SSTV just decoded it as noise. I’m at a loss for suggestions.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Jun 30, 2018, at 2:58 PM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

PD120 is the mode used for these this project!

Brad Smith

I was able to receive two photos today on an 80 degree pass, using a Yaesu VX 7R and a rubber duck.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad’s iPad

On Jun 30, 2018, at 1:59 AM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

As usual, the project will sent you a beautiful certificate for receiving and posting an image ...

https://ariss.pzk.org.pl/sstv/#award_rules_en

Clint Bradford

What software were you using to decode???

Brad Smith

CQ SSTV on my iPhone, available from the App Store.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad’s iPad

On Jul 1, 2018, at 9:56 AM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

What software were you using to decode???

Fred Hillhouse

I had success today! Picture has a lot of green background but I can see enough to know it worked!

Now I need to dig back in manual and see it I can turn off the other side in my D72!

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

I use Robot36 on my Android phone. It will switch automatically but I didn’t leave that to chance so I set it to PD120 (just another encoding scheme). I don’t know the advantage of it.

Fred N7FMH

What does PD120 mean?  I can hear the signal well, but CQ SSTV just decoded it as noise. I’m at a loss for suggestions.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Jun 30, 2018, at 2:58 PM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

PD120 is the mode used for these this project!

Brad Ko6kL

Edited

i find it helps to have a few antennas and a switch to flip to select the  antenna thats working best
that lets me turn the sat antenna around while im on the vertical etc.
with the ts-2000 i lower the RF gain to get the s-meter mid scale then i can see the effect
of turning the beam better.
the $400 ssb preamp helps alot. antenna is just some old hand-me down yagi.

last pass copied 'em down to -2 somehow...  is ISS running 25 watts now ?

brad ko6kL

Inline image

Fred Hillhouse

I was going to include my capture and here it is.

Lots of green! Now to work on improving the picture is the future.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

I use Robot36 on my Android phone. It will switch automatically but I didn’t leave that to chance so I set it to PD120 (just another encoding scheme). I don’t know the advantage of it.

Fred N7FMH

What does PD120 mean?  I can hear the signal well, but CQ SSTV just decoded it as noise. I’m at a loss for suggestions.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Jun 30, 2018, at 2:58 PM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

PD120 is the mode used for these this project!

After you upload a good image to the ARISS Gallery ...

http://www.spaceflightsoftware.com/ARISS_SSTV/index.php

... make sure you ALSO apply for your award (it will be sent to you via email) ...

https://ariss.pzk.org.pl/sstv/#award_rules_en

As always, these are beautiful, frame-able certificates for your participation!

Jer W

Clint,
I'm not into SSTV so what equipment do I need and to up load?

Jerry

On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 9:18 PM, Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

After you upload a good image to the ARISS Gallery ...

http://www.spaceflightsoftware.com/ARISS_SSTV/index.php

... make sure you ALSO apply for your award (it will be sent to you via email) ...

https://ariss.pzk.org.pl/sstv/#award_rules_en

As always, these are beautiful, frame-able certificates for your participation!

Clint Bradford

It can be as easy as this ...

http://www.work-sat.com/SSTV.html