Topics

ISS SSTV, Bandwidth

Jim Iden

Dear Folks, I'm setting-up SDRSharp to hopefully capture an image from the ISS tomorrow.  Is 8 kHz an appropriate bandwidth to use for this signal?  Thanks and best regards, Jim, KI5EWG

Just Narrowband FM ...

Brad Ko6kL

sync is at 1200hz and highest freq is about 2800hz
you can filter out the 0-1000hz and 2900hz and up.
tracking the iss this weekend with my aprs radio i see the bandwidth is about the same from 2m packet as sstv
as viewed on the sstv waterfall display.
73 Brad Ko6kL
looks like iss is still sending today.

I wonder what frequency the iss radio is receiving in between sending pics.... Hmmm

Randal Rutkowski

So this was my first try with a 1/4 wave antenna and a HT Baofeng.
Any ideas on how to clear it up so I can get this? Photo?

Thanks everyone!
Randy
KM6RBG

On Dec 30, 2019, at 2:22 PM, Brad Ko6kL via Groups.Io <jhill_81@...> wrote:

sync is at 1200hz and highest freq is about 2800hz
you can filter out the 0-1000hz and 2900hz and up.
tracking the iss this weekend with my aprs radio i see the bandwidth is about the same from 2m packet as sstv
as viewed on the sstv waterfall display.
73 Brad Ko6kL
looks like iss is still sending today.

I wonder what frequency the iss radio is receiving in between sending pics.... Hmmm

Stefan Wagener

Hi Brad,

Since the ISS transmissions (SSTV) are coming from the Russian Zvezda module, using the Kenwood radio set to 145.800MHz, the APRS transmissions from the Columbus module are still active on 145.825MHz. If you have a SDR receiver/software running you actually see both transmissions on your waterfall at the same time. So, the ISS is receiving on 145.825MHz for APRS messages/contacts simultaneously. Two different radios, two different frequencies, one for TX only, the other one for TX/RX. Hope this helps.

73, Stefan VE4SW

Brad Smith

You have to adjust your phase and skew adjustments in the app.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Dec 30, 2019, at 5:06 PM, Randal Rutkowski <randyrutkowski@...> wrote:

<image0.jpeg>

So this was my first try with a 1/4 wave antenna and a HT Baofeng.
Any ideas on how to clear it up so I can get this? Photo?
<image1.jpeg>

Thanks everyone!
Randy
KM6RBG

On Dec 30, 2019, at 2:22 PM, Brad Ko6kL via Groups.Io <jhill_81@...> wrote:

sync is at 1200hz and highest freq is about 2800hz
you can filter out the 0-1000hz and 2900hz and up.
tracking the iss this weekend with my aprs radio i see the bandwidth is about the same from 2m packet as sstv
as viewed on the sstv waterfall display.
73 Brad Ko6kL
looks like iss is still sending today.

I wonder what frequency the iss radio is receiving in between sending pics.... Hmmm

Randal Rutkowski

Thanks so much!