De: Work-Sat@groups.io <Work-Sat@groups.io> En nombre de Arup
Enviado el: lunes, 12 de octubre de 2020 18:10
Para: Work-Sat@groups.io
Asunto: [Work-Sat] ISS digipeater

I'm trying to use APRSdroid to digipeat off the ISS with a Baofeng HT, baofeng vox audio cable, droid, and Elk directional antenna. Has anyone had success? Specifically the digipath includes callsign>apdr16> coordinates. I can't find a way to replace "apdr16" with "cq" to reach the iss. Any tips or tricks that anyone can offer?

Arup

Arup

Has anyone had success with UISS on a PC, a Baofeng HT using VOX, and Baofeng Audio Cable? I'm able to hear packets off the ISS, but I've yet to be digipeated. I think my path is correct. CQ>NA1SS. I can hear the packet on a second radio. I'm wondering if 5w is enough power?

Arup

Traful

Hi Arup:

I didn´t try your setup, but it should work.

  1. Correct path is ARISS, and you will receive NA1SS* if your packet is retransmitted correctly trough the ISS (you can check that in http://www.ariss.net/, at the bottom of the page)

  2. 5W is enough power in case you have a  directional antenna. I think with the factory rubber duck antenna don´t work for satellites very good.

Regards, Pablo LW4DMH