Topics

ISS digipeater

Arup

I'm trying to use APRSdroid to digipeat off the ISS with a Baofeng HT, baofeng vox audio cable, droid, and Elk directional antenna. Has anyone had success? Specifically the digipath includes callsign>apdr16> coordinates. I can't find a way to replace "apdr16" with "cq" to reach the iss. Any tips or tricks that anyone can offer?

Arup

Traful

Hi Arup, I’m trying the same setup. No good results yet. I think we need some software similar to UISS (windows) for Android. More flexible “packet commands” than “automatic APRS commands”.

Post something if you have success !

Pablo, LW4DMH
lw4dmh@...

De: Work-Sat@groups.io <Work-Sat@groups.io> En nombre de Arup
Enviado el: lunes, 12 de octubre de 2020 18:10
Para: Work-Sat@groups.io
Asunto: [Work-Sat] ISS digipeater

I'm trying to use APRSdroid to digipeat off the ISS with a Baofeng HT, baofeng vox audio cable, droid, and Elk directional antenna. Has anyone had success? Specifically the digipath includes callsign>apdr16> coordinates. I can't find a way to replace "apdr16" with "cq" to reach the iss. Any tips or tricks that anyone can offer?

Arup

Arup

Has anyone had success with UISS on a PC, a Baofeng HT using VOX, and Baofeng Audio Cable? I'm able to hear packets off the ISS, but I've yet to be digipeated. I think my path is correct. CQ>NA1SS. I can hear the packet on a second radio. I'm wondering if 5w is enough power?

Arup

Traful

Hi Arup:

I didn´t try your setup, but it should work.

1. Correct path is ARISS, and you will receive NA1SS* if your packet is retransmitted correctly trough the ISS (you can check that in http://www.ariss.net/, at the bottom of the page)

2. 5W is enough power in case you have a  directional antenna. I think with the factory rubber duck antenna don´t work for satellites very good.

Regards, Pablo LW4DMH

De: Work-Sat@groups.io <Work-Sat@groups.io> En nombre de Arup
Enviado el: domingo, 18 de octubre de 2020 18:53
Para: Work-Sat@groups.io
Asunto: Re: [Work-Sat] ISS digipeater

Has anyone had success with UISS on a PC, a Baofeng HT using VOX, and Baofeng Audio Cable? I'm able to hear packets off the ISS, but I've yet to be digipeated. I think my path is correct. CQ>NA1SS. I can hear the packet on a second radio. I'm wondering if 5w is enough power?

Arup