ISS cross and repeater not heard tonight

Dale Castle KD4EAP

Hi all,

Thanks for the awesome guidance for working satellites. I just set up my new FT-60 and arrow radio and Sunday night, I made my first two satellite contacts ever with the ISS on the first try. I was so excited. I also heard the ISS twice last night on two different passes. Tonight, it was completely silent. I could see it pass overhead but no signal. It was a clear night. It was hotter than the last two nights. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this. See the time in Eastern below. I’m in FM26.

73s…Dale
KD4EAP

(SpotTheStation) Time: Tue May 31 10:03 PM, Visible: 4 min, Max Height: 56 degrees, Appears: WNW, Disappears: S

Clint Bradford

On the SAT SKEDS page at work-sat.com, there are two very important citations:

1. The ISS equipment schedule page! Where you will see the status of our ARISS equipment.
Ham gear os turned OFF for spacewalks, and when missions are heading to or leaving the ISS.

2. The LIVE OSCAR Status Page - where YOU and fellow hams report what sats you hear ... and what you don't hear!

Clint

David, N9KT

And of course, the ARISS "Current Status of ISS ham radio stations" page which says:
Radio to be powered OFF to support Progress 79 undocking on June 01. OFF May 31 about 18:15, ON June 01 about 10:40 UTC

-David, N9KT

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 10:31 PM Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
On the SAT SKEDS page at work-sat.com, there are two very important citations:

1. The ISS equipment schedule page! Where you will see the status of our ARISS equipment.
Ham gear os turned OFF for spacewalks, and when missions are heading to or leaving the ISS.

2. The LIVE OSCAR Status Page - where YOU and fellow hams report what sats you hear ... and what you don't hear!

Clint

Clint Bradford

Brilliant minds think alike ... That's the first citation I tried to cite ... (g)