Topics

iPhone Attack - from China

Oh, it looked official ... almost had me ...

If you have an Apple phone, watch out for official-looking "Your iCloud account is compromised"
screens.

I knew it was bogus when a subsequent screen asked for "A valid China phone number."

From Apple: Never provide your password, security questions, verification codes, recovery key, or any other account security details to anyone else. Apple will never ask you for this information. If Apple Support needs to verify your identity, we might ask you to generate a temporary Support PIN.

Common sense stuff. If you receive that set of screens, though, an Apple rep advised me tonight that one should immediately change their password.

Jer W

Also heard about Google and China being corrupt. DO NOT use Google so as not to compromise your security.
It was discussed with a group of us guys, both hams and non hams. Be careful and be safe on the internet.

Jerry

On Saturday, July 18, 2020, 3:27:51 AM EDT, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Oh, it looked official ... almost had me ...

If you have an Apple phone, watch out for official-looking "Your iCloud account in compromised"
screens.

I knew it was bogus when a subsequent screen asked for "A valid Chia phone number."

From Apple: Never provide your password, security questions, verification codes, recovery key, or any other account security details to anyone else. Apple will never ask you for this information. If Apple Support needs to verify your identity, we might ask you to generate a temporary Support PIN.