Topics

IC-9700 and the SATS

Jer W

I wanted to ask everyone on the board that owns the  IC-9700 about how do you like it and is it great for the SATS and doppler effect?
I understand it also has D-Star, but that mode is rather dead in my area so I could care less about it.  I would have liked to purchase the
Kenwood 2000, but it is not in production anymore and I do not want to get a used one.
Your input is welcomed.
Thanks,

Jerry...W8RQM

David Spoelstra

We bought an IC-9700 for W9IVY and the club loves it! Works great with SatPC32 on Win10 and Gpredict on Ubuntu.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 3:57 PM Jer W <jplanner@...> wrote:
I wanted to ask everyone on the board that owns the  IC-9700 about how do you like it and is it great for the SATS and doppler effect?
I understand it also has D-Star, but that mode is rather dead in my area so I could care less about it.  I would have liked to purchase the
Kenwood 2000, but it is not in production anymore and I do not want to get a used one.
Your input is welcomed.
Thanks,

Jerry...W8RQM

Jer W

Dave, I don't understand anything about Ubuntu.

David Spoelstra

You don't have to. There are great programs for Win10, OSX, and Linux that will drive the IC-9700.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 12:19 PM Jer W <jplanner@...> wrote:
Dave, I don't understand anything about Ubuntu.

Jer W

Thanks David.

On Saturday, January 25, 2020, 12:38:16 PM EST, David Spoelstra <davids@...> wrote:

You don't have to. There are great programs for Win10, OSX, and Linux that will drive the IC-9700.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 12:19 PM Jer W <jplanner@...> wrote:
Dave, I don't understand anything about Ubuntu.

lu9cbl@gmail.com

You can adjust both frequencies (uplink and downlik) with gpredict+Ubuntu?? At the same time

El mar., 7 de enero de 2020 18:55, David Spoelstra <davids@...> escribió:
We bought an IC-9700 for W9IVY and the club loves it! Works great with SatPC32 on Win10 and Gpredict on Ubuntu.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 3:57 PM Jer W <jplanner@...> wrote:
I wanted to ask everyone on the board that owns the  IC-9700 about how do you like it and is it great for the SATS and doppler effect?
I understand it also has D-Star, but that mode is rather dead in my area so I could care less about it.  I would have liked to purchase the
Kenwood 2000, but it is not in production anymore and I do not want to get a used one.
Your input is welcomed.
Thanks,

Jerry...W8RQM

David Spoelstra