Topics

IC-9700 and the SATS

Jer W

I wanted to ask everyone on the board that owns the  IC-9700 about how do you like it and is it great for the SATS and doppler effect?
I understand it also has D-Star, but that mode is rather dead in my area so I could care less about it.  I would have liked to purchase the
Kenwood 2000, but it is not in production anymore and I do not want to get a used one.
Your input is welcomed.
Thanks,

Jerry...W8RQM

David Spoelstra

We bought an IC-9700 for W9IVY and the club loves it! Works great with SatPC32 on Win10 and Gpredict on Ubuntu.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 3:57 PM Jer W <jplanner@...> wrote:
I wanted to ask everyone on the board that owns the  IC-9700 about how do you like it and is it great for the SATS and doppler effect?
I understand it also has D-Star, but that mode is rather dead in my area so I could care less about it.  I would have liked to purchase the
Kenwood 2000, but it is not in production anymore and I do not want to get a used one.
Your input is welcomed.
Thanks,

Jerry...W8RQM

Jer W

Dave, I don't understand anything about Ubuntu.

David Spoelstra

You don't have to. There are great programs for Win10, OSX, and Linux that will drive the IC-9700.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 12:19 PM Jer W <jplanner@...> wrote:

Jer W

Thanks David.

On Saturday, January 25, 2020, 12:38:16 PM EST, David Spoelstra <davids@...> wrote:

You don't have to. There are great programs for Win10, OSX, and Linux that will drive the IC-9700.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 12:19 PM Jer W <jplanner@...> wrote:

lu9cbl@gmail.com

You can adjust both frequencies (uplink and downlik) with gpredict+Ubuntu?? At the same time

El mar., 7 de enero de 2020 18:55, David Spoelstra <davids@...> escribió:
We bought an IC-9700 for W9IVY and the club loves it! Works great with SatPC32 on Win10 and Gpredict on Ubuntu.

Your input is welcomed.
Thanks,

Jerry...W8RQM

David Spoelstra

Yes!

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 1:42 PM lu9cbl@... <Lu9cbl@...> wrote:
You can adjust both frequencies (uplink and downlik) with gpredict+Ubuntu?? At the same time

El mar., 7 de enero de 2020 18:55, David Spoelstra <davids@...> escribió:

Your input is welcomed.
Thanks,

Jerry...W8RQM