Topics

HRO Has Some TH-D72a in Stock

For $379.95 ...

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-010879

This Kenwood is the only currently manufactured true, full-duplex HT that does both
V/U and V/U satellites. (And it has a lot more built in ... )

NO - You do not need to spend this much money. I mean, even a pair of
Yaesu FT-60R HTs to work true, full-duplex with and have $70 left over ... (g)

Jer W

Hi Clint,

I have the D72A and still trying to learn how to use all the below features.

Features include:
1000 alpha memory channels
9 scan modes (VFO, Program, MHz, Memory, Memory Group, Call, Tone, CTCSS, DCS)
42 CTCSS frequencies
104 DCS (Digital Code Squelch) codes
Cross-tone,
Waypoint export
DX cluster tune
Clock (date/time)
Band mask
Call channel
Monitor
Auto power-off
MHz mode
Selectable frequency step
Shift
VOX
Auto repeater offset
Automatic simplex checker
DTMF memory (10 channels, 16 digits)

New advanced innovations include:
1200/9600 bps packet TNC
SkyCommand APRS Firmware
Stand-alone Digipeater
Built-in High performance GPS (with KML file support from the free MCP-4A software)
GPS logging – memory for up to 5000 points of track data
EchoLink Ready
MIL-STD810 and IP54 weatherproofing
1200/9600 bps packet communications
Kiss mode

The Stand-alone Digipeater in the TH-D72A can even function as an iGate when properly connected. This transceiver is sure to make ham radio operations easier and more fun for all.

The manual does NOT explain all of them and you tube does not cover all of these. Is thee any ham that you know may be able to help me
with these features? I would like to learn how to use each and everyone of them.

Thanks,

Jerry...W8RQM

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 1:25:39 AM EDT, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

For $379.95 ...

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-010879

It is the only currently manufactured true, full-duplex HT that does both