Topics

How many steps above and below center frequency?

David Spoelstra

Clint-

On your website you list two frequency steps above and below the center frequency for the birds. Some sites like KD0HKD list three steps above and below the center. In my research I've actually seen other people list four steps above and below the center. Why the differences? With an HT and an Arrow antenna, is two steps above and below good enough?

Thanks!
-David, N9KT

Clint Bradford

YES - plus and minus two steps with low power/portable stations will work fine for you!

SO-50 is off-freq a wee bit - but the frequencies posted on my chart are fine.

Which radio(s) are you using? (Thinking about their step settings.)

Clint

David Spoelstra

Baofeng UV-5R