Topics

Handicapped Access?

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

From a friend via email ...

... I always see hams standing while using Arrow Antennas and HTs for their satellite contacts. I use a front wheel walker so I can't carry very much equipment with me. I've always stayed away from making satellite contacts because of my disability. Any ideas on what I can do? Any suggestions you have are appreciated.

Well, the higher elevation passes can be worked with just an improved whip on your HT!

If your radio has a BNC connection, then the Pryme AL-800 will do it.

If you are SMA, then the Smiley 270A or one of those super-flexible 17" whips will do.

I show 'em all at my presentations. (And this gentleman is local to me, and we'll meet up next week!)

Clint
909-241-7666