Topics

FT-8800R tips and tricks?

N0BML

Greetings! I don't have a full duplex HT but I do have a Yaesu FT-8800R which does have full-duplex operation when one side is on VHF and the other is on UHF. I wondered if anyone could point me to some tips and tricks for using this radio on the satellites.

Thanks! 73 de N0BML

Fabio Sona

Hi  , I have done  few qsos with a ft8800 working ao91 ao92 . Just programme the right frequencies with 5khz gap to easily compensate doppler effect, as you would with a HT. You can do without and just use vfo.