Topics

Forty-nine Years Ago Tonight

Clint Bradford

Where were you???

Andy

We were all on the couch, watching on our portable B&W TV set, in amazement, in southern CT.

(So why haven't people been back?  It's been so long.)

Have you seen the Australian movie "The Dish", about receiving those video signals from the Eagle?  There's a point in the movie where they change something like the polarization, about a minute into the live video, which I think I remember seeing when it happened.  The image quality suddenly changed.  Armstrong was still descending down to the pad.

Andy

Fred Hillhouse

Living in Madagascar. My dad worked at the tracking station. We took time out to listen. No visual that I remember.

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 2:32 AM -0400, "Clint Bradford via Groups.Io" <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Where were you???

Brad Smith

In front of the TV, with my slide camera to preserve the moment.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad’s iPad

On Jul 21, 2018, at 1:20 AM, Clint Bradford via Groups.Io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Where were you???
<6A8FCD56_1E0F_46AA_836B_3D19AF15AC34.png>

Robert Switzer

We were all huddled in our family room, all except my ham brother, who worked on one of the control system teams and was monitoring telemetry :)

Beevo (aka Bill VanOrden)

Like the others who have already posted, in front of the TV transfixed...
--
Beevo (aka Bill VanOrden)
K7BVO

Andy

We were all huddled in our family room, all except my ham brother, who worked on one of the control system teams and was monitoring telemetry :)

Cool!!