Topics

Fascinating Site

Clint Bradford

Check out this site - not just communications satellites, but visible passes of other satellites ...

 https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/

G Hopper

That is seriously cool.

Too many clouds overhead tonight, but this just got added to my bookmarks toolbar.

Thanks for the share Clint!

73,
Grant
KB7WSD

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 11:16 PM Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Check out this site - not just communications satellites, but visible passes of other satellites ...

 https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/

Steve Rosman

Awesome,  thanks for sharing! 73 de Steve KA2YRA

On Sat, May 16, 2020, 2:13 AM Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Check out this site - not just communications satellites, but visible passes of other satellites ...

 https://james.darpinian.com/satellites/

Paul Ecker

When I open the only choice seems to be ISS or it defaults to ISS. How do you see other satellites?

72 Paul w2eck

David Spoelstra

Other satellites are there, it's just that most of them are too dim to "see". I had to go down about 15-20 sightings before I ran into a few others that you could see.
-David, N9KT

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 12:02 PM Paul Ecker <eckerpw@...> wrote:

When I open the only choice seems to be ISS or it defaults to ISS. How do you see other satellites?

72 Paul w2eck

Clint Bradford

I saw a Chinese rocket booster, and another piece of space junk last night using this app - fascinating! It also provides links for each object - to learn their histories!

Paul Carff

Wicked awesome - thanks for sharing!
73s
N4ZYM

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 2:58 PM Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
I saw a Chinese rocket booster, and another piece of space junk last night using this app - fascinating! It also provides links for each object - to learn their histories!

Jerry Rappel

I have this on my cell phone, but still can't get the middle window to open.

Thanks, Jerry WW0E Iowa

image.png