Topics

Do NOT Use the ISS "Crossband Repeater"

ARISS would prefer that we NOT use the recently posted repeater pair for FM
voice
work.

That was a test of the Tanusha birds, and NOT an open invitation to use it as an
ISS FM Voice repeater. Something definitely went wrong with the Russians' plan
for the testing. And that downlink frequency is - well, kind of like the US' 146.520 as
it is a common terrestrial frequency in Europe.

And the 15-year-old Kenwood D-700 cannot take that amount of ops, as its fan/cooling
is not
adequate for such continuous operations.

BUT THE GOOD NEWS: This will all change with the next generation of ISS ham
gear: the IORS. Its FM voice repeater transceiver will include a more robust fan and
special firmware to make voice repeating a regular capability through the ISS.

YOUR DONATIONS are needed! Here's an ARISS FUNDRAZR link:

https://fundrazr.com/arissnextgen?ref=ab_e7Htwa_ab_22xj3JNxr7c22xj3JNxr7c

And, as always, watch http://www.ariss.org for more information!

Clint

Floyd Bixler

Tks, Clint. Now we know the rest of the story.

73
Floyd DA1VF/WD8DUP

IPad originated