AO-91/92 Update

Clint Bradford

From AMSAT -

Today I turned AO-92's transmitter off after resetting the min-max readings. We've been watching the battery minimum voltage decline steadily over the last few days, and needed to give it a rest for a bit.

Immediately afterwards, there was an AO-91 pass. I turned on the transmitter, and a few moments later reset the min-max readings. The command team will monitor telemetry and determine if we can leave it on for a while.

Please remember to not transmit to either satellite while it is in eclipse. If you do not use software that indicates eclipse state, just avoid the evening passes. We are in the endgame for both satellites, and your cooperation will give us more operational time over the coming months.

Thanks and 73,

Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA

AMSAT VP Operations

Mike Jensen (ZL4IA)

Drew,

Please excuse my question from a very green newbie. It comes from this post really.

Here in New Zealand I have been using AO-91 in recent months for the first time ever.

I use the ISS Detector software for pass information and it has been accurate.

I'm assuming that since the beacon announcement is no longer announcing that
the transmitter is off, the AO-91 service  in ZL is unavailable?

Thanks
Mike
ZL4IA

Clint Bradford

Its schedule is not "continent-dependent." It's "eclipse-dependent."

From AMSAT recently -

Recent telemetry shows that AO-91 hasn't recovered much if any yet, based on a short (about 10 day) rest. We can expect to soon see the AO-91 transmitter turned back OFF for an extended (indeterminate) rest...

Remember, please do not use either 91 or 92 in eclipse. Doing so will reduce the remaining life of the satellite.

David Spoelstra

Mike-
You can go to this page to see the current status of all the satellites: https://www.amsat.org/status/  AO-91 has been off for the last six days.
-David, N9KT

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 3:09 PM Mike Jensen (ZL4IA) <mikejensencomputing@...> wrote:
Drew,

Please excuse my question from a very green newbie. It comes from this post really.

Here in New Zealand I have been using AO-91 in recent months for the first time ever.

I use the ISS Detector software for pass information and it has been accurate.

I'm assuming that since the beacon announcement is no longer announcing that
the transmitter is off, the AO-91 service  in ZL is unavailable?

Thanks
Mike
ZL4IA

Mike Jensen (ZL4IA)

Thanks gentlemen :) I am now enlightened!

Mike
ZL4IA