AO-51 QRP Question

CatzMeow

Ok, so...

AO-51 had a pretty good pass just now (for me, anyway >30 degrees).

I was able to hear pretty clearly with just my FT-60 and a Diamond SRH77CFA antenna. I have a smiley on order, and I'm thinking of the Arrow, but dunno if I'm ready to drop 100+ yet. I tried transmitting, but really, there wasn't enough of a break in the action for anyone to hear me.

My question is this:

On the document "Work Satellites with your HT", Clint lists the RX frequency for AO-51 as 435.300.

On AmSat, they show a QRP freq of 435.150...would that be better for the FT-60?

Thanks for your help.

-Ed-

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

On AmSat, they show a QRP freq of 435.150...would that be better for the FT-60?
That's the downlink if you're working 1.2gHZ on the uplink.

Per the Operations Calendar -

October 5 - October 12 AMSAT Symposium week

FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.920 MHz FM
Downlink: 435.300 MHz FM

9k6 BBS, L/U
Uplink: 1268.700 MHz 9k6 FM
Downlink: 435.150 MHz 9k6 FM

Clint

CatzMeow

Sorry, I was looking at the Satellite Status  page on AmSat and didn't see the bit about the symposium.  Does that mean it will go back to 'normal' (below) tomorrow?

Mode V/U (J) FM Voice Repeater (QRP): Operational
Uplink: 145.8800 MHz FM
Downlink 435.1500 MHz FM

I'm still figuring everything out, like checking the command team news,  so I certainly appreciate your time.

Thanks,

Ed

--- In Work-Sat@..., "K6LCS" wrote:

> > On AmSat, they show a QRP freq of 435.150...would that be better for the FT-60?
>
> That's the downlink if you're working 1.2gHZ on the uplink.
>
> Per the Operations Calendar -
>
> October 5 - October 12 AMSAT Symposium week
>
> FM Repeater, V/U
> Uplink: 145.920 MHz FM
> Downlink: 435.300 MHz FM
>
> 9k6 BBS, L/U
> Uplink: 1268.700 MHz 9k6 FM
> Downlink: 435.150 MHz 9k6 FM
>
> Clint

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

Does that mean it will go back to 'normal' (below) tomorrow?
It has been in V/U all month ... and with JOTA coming up, I am sure it will maintain either V/U and/or QRP V/U for the next few days.

Clint