Antennas for sat work

Chuck Freeman <w0cbf@...>

I am handicapped and have no way of putting up a directional beam and rotor but could possibly put up a simple antenna like my 2 meter Jpole. Does anyone have any ideas? Tks and 73's

Clint Bradford

You should HEAR the 2M downlinks from the ISS with your j-pole hung from a curtain rod.

How about a lightweight tape measure yagi on a camera tripod - out on the patio? Some REAL
gain with those!

Clint K6LCS

Siegfried Jackstien

Quadrifilar helix?!?
Or a small yagi on a tripod with an armstrong rotator??
Dg9bfc sigi

Am 21.01.2021 21:25 schrieb "Clint Bradford via groups.io" <clintbradford@...>:

You should HEAR the 2M downlinks from the ISS with your j-pole hung from a curtain rod.

How about a lightweight tape measure yagi on a camera tripod - out on the patio? Some REAL
gain with those!

Clint K6LCS

Randy Schulze

Watch this video.  It's a little bit old, but provide many options to consider ragarding antennas for satellite work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvDHQZEMUdY

This ones kind of fun as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNCgiljwQgQ

Have fun!