Topics

AMSAT-NA - Website and Journal - New Look!

Clint Bradford

The March-April AMSAT (NA) Journal was just released - in color and as
a .pdf on their NEW LOOK Website!

It takes a lot of work to make a good, readable-on-many-systems .pdf
magazine. This one reads very nicely!

https://tinyurl.com/AMSAT-JOURNAL

Jer W

Just an inquiry, is anyone on Work-Sat groups using MacDoppler
and how is working with doppler shift? I am contemplating a purchase of
an ICON IC-9700, but not at this time.

MacDoppler: will calculate the position and relative velocity of the satellites you are tracking and automatically adjust the Doppler shift on both transmit and receive as well as pointing your antennas with predictive dead spot crossing so that a pass is never interrupted.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Friday, May 1, 2020, 5:42:19 PM EDT, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

The March-April AMSAT (NA) Journal was just released - in color and as
a .pdf on their NEW LOOK Website!

It takes a lot of work to make a good, readable-on-many-systems .pdf
magazine. This one reads very nicely!

https://tinyurl.com/AMSAT-JOURNAL

Clint Bradford

>> ... is anyone on Work-Sat groups using MacDoppler ...

Yes - for MANY years ... since 2006 ...

>> ... doppler shift ... ICOM IC-9700 ...

MacDoppler certainly support the '9700 ... See their Web site and documentation at ...

https://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacDoppler.html

MacDoppler: will calculate the position and relative  velocity of the satellites you are tracking and automatically adjust the Doppler shift on  both transmit and receive as well as pointing your antennas with predictive dead spot  crossing so that a pass is never interrupted.

Jer W

Thank you so kindly Clint. I will read all that info later tonight.
Thanks again.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Friday, May 1, 2020, 9:22:08 PM EDT, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

>> ... is anyone on Work-Sat groups using MacDoppler ...

Yes - for MANY years ... since 2006 ...

>> ... doppler shift ... ICOM IC-9700 ...

MacDoppler certainly support the '9700 ... See their Web site and documentation at ...

https://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacDoppler.html

MacDoppler: will calculate the position and relative  velocity of the satellites you are tracking and automatically adjust the Doppler shift on  both transmit and receive as well as pointing your antennas with predictive dead spot  crossing so that a pass is never interrupted.

Clint Bradford

You can save almost $20 on MacDoppler if you are a member of AMSAT-NA.

Order it through the AMSAT-NA online store!

Clint

Jer W

If by any chance and have the time, please send me one screen shot
of one of the passes.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Friday, May 1, 2020, 9:22:08 PM EDT, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

>> ... is anyone on Work-Sat groups using MacDoppler ...

Yes - for MANY years ... since 2006 ...

>> ... doppler shift ... ICOM IC-9700 ...

MacDoppler certainly support the '9700 ... See their Web site and documentation at ...

https://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacDoppler.html

MacDoppler: will calculate the position and relative  velocity of the satellites you are tracking and automatically adjust the Doppler shift on  both transmit and receive as well as pointing your antennas with predictive dead spot  crossing so that a pass is never interrupted.

Jer W

Thanks.