AMSAT Keps - GoSatWatch

Clint Bradford

Affecting the marvelous iOS satellite tracking program, GoSatWatch (and possibly other programs, too), AMSAT just changed their URL for the data.

Yes - AMSAT is working on their site. And Virgilio has it for us: Looks like AMSAT has changed the server address that the app currently references.

The updated URL is now:

http://lansing182.amsat.org/tle/current/nasabare.txt

You can change the URL to the above from ...

Settings > Orbital Elements > Amateur Radio

Clint Bradford

This is a TEMPORARY change - "Once the server move is complete, it will be back at www.amsat.org."

73,

Paul, N8HM

Steve R

Clint this is crazy. They must still be doing updates or migration. The issue with Ham Radio Deluxe Satellite names is resolved. However comparing, AMSAT, HRD, and GoSatWatch, they all three currently have different pass times for the ISS. I havent checked anything else.

I guess we give it some time to sort out.

Steve
VA3FLF

Clint Bradford

Well, Stebe, even ISS Keos from 3 days ago will still be workable ... (g)

Don Hopkins

I have trouble downloading nasa keps for win32sat.  Is it related?

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 1:19 PM, Steve R via groups.io
<oldjavadrinker@...> wrote:
Clint this is crazy. They must still be doing updates or migration. The issue with Ham Radio Deluxe Satellite names is resolved. However comparing, AMSAT, HRD, and GoSatWatch, they all three currently have different pass times for the ISS. I havent checked anything else.

I guess we give it some time to sort out.

Steve
VA3FLF

Clint Bradford

If the program is going to amsat.org - then it wil all be back to normal in a couple days.

Sorrry for typos today ... left reader eyeglasses at home.

Steve R

Alright thanks Clint. You had my confused there, but got it.

Steve