Topics

Alinco Dj-x11T for linear sats

Arup

Has anyone used the Alinco or any other multi-mode receiver to work linear sats? Seems like a more affordable way to do linear work rather than buy 2 yaesu ft-818s, but I don’t know if it will work.

Arup

Edward Maikranz

My first contact on a linear bird used an Icom 706 and an AOR3000 receiver. Not the easiest solution but it did the trick.
Ed
KG5UN

On Oct 31, 2020, at 6:52 PM, Arup <Arup.Mallik@...> wrote:

Has anyone used the Alinco or any other multi-mode receiver to work linear sats? Seems like a more affordable way to do linear work rather than buy 2 yaesu ft-818s, but I don’t know if it will work.

Arup

Arup

Hi Ed,

Why wasn’t it the easiest solution? Would you recommend this route or is it best to just get 2 transceivers?

Arup

Edward Maikranz

I was doing everything manually, tuning both radios and aiming my antenna so it is a bit complicated. Now I have my radio (Icom 9700) controlled by SatPC32 so it is much easier.
I used two 817’s for a while ant it worked well but for the money they cost I was able to go to a single radio which in my opinion is easier and much less complicated.
Ed
KG5UN

On Nov 1, 2020, at 6:16 AM, Arup <Arup.Mallik@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

Why wasn’t it the easiest solution? Would you recommend this route or is it best to just get 2 transceivers?

Arup

Brad Ko6kL

Might be cheaper to pick up a used kenwood 2000 then buy 2 radio's

also a SDR might work to get you to full duplex... plus with a waterfall
ko6kL