Topics

locked Ailunce HS2

Mike Hoblinski

I ran across the Ailuance HS2 Ham-Box portable SDR radio today and thought it might be of interest to this group.
Its capable of HF Vhf-UHF SSB. It appears to be new and in its early stages and looks like price is about 460 to
499. It dose not appear to be out yet but their are some videos on it. Here is a link to the radio.

https://www.ailunce.com/blog/hs2-sdr-hf-vhf-uhf-sdr-sdr-transceiver

Mike
N6IMF

Dave Mohesky

No fcc number ?

Dave.KB0RFS

Mike Hoblinski

I think they have a Facebook page where you might be able to ask .  Yes their are
way too many questions about it and it has not even gone on sale. Like whats inside,
what OS is it running, would it be open source. One of the videos did show Ham Radio
Deluxe controlling it. If the radio runs on Linux could their be apps developed like
satellite tracking and doppler tuning. A radio like this when out usually ends up with
software bugs and many limitations. And as you try to try to upgrade hardware capabilities
you are probably better of buying the Yaesu portable cost wise. Right now its mostly
a mystery box with a display and buttons.

Mike
N6IMF