3D printing as related to Ham radio.

Stefan Wagener

happy new year!

73, Stefan VE4SW

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 3:06 PM Mike Hoblinski <hobergenix@...> wrote:
Here is one more website with a 3d Printed rotor and other parts that might be of some interest.
Antenna Rotor   https://remoteqth.com/3d-rotator.php
Misc. Items        https://remoteqth.com/3d-printing.php

The rotor is a single axis rotor that that uses a small DC motor. You would need two rotors
and a way to couple them together for AZ-EL or maybe a rework of the housing. Easier said than
done !  But maybe with a Raspberry Pi running Gpredict and some of the software available you
could put together a portable Battery powered setup. I think the old Kenwood TH-F6A hand held has RS232 Control
as well as the FT-817. A very ambitious project for the experimenter.

The Misc. Items has an item that caught my eye. The Vhf antenna insulator. A mount for small tubing, The
mount can can be fastened to square tubing you can buy from places like Home Depot or Lowes to build
Yagi antennas. I think they show several versions of the mount. Maybe with some rework of the antenna
insulator it could be made to go on round aluminum stock for a poor mans Arrow Antenna.

Mike
N6IMF

Mike Hoblinski

[...]

Faisal Akber (VA3SFA)

Hi  Mike,

Thanks for these great links.  I really like the rotor links that you've posted.

There's an Amateur Radio group on Thingiverse and if you look for the tag amateur_radio, you'll find dozens of other designs.
https://www.thingiverse.com/tag:amateur_radio

73,
Faisal VA3SFA

Mike Hoblinski

After looking at some of the posts for the Raspberry here. One of them used a custom 3D printed
case with a link to the files to print it. I did a search for 3D printed projects related to Ham satellites
and posted a few links below. They range from simple items to rotors to antennas. And if you take it
beyond ham sates its endless. The ability to draw up or modify existing parts is exciting. I purchased
a Creality Ender 3 printer a while back to do a few projects for about 200 dollars. I soon learned that
that was the best 200 dollars I have ever spent on an item I considered a toy. Just like my Ham radio
hobby it has given me many hours of enjoyment. and paid for its self.

Mike
N6IMF

Clips    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2839035
End Cap  https://www.stlfinder.com/model/arrow-antenna-end-cap-3-4-square-stock-vFWjW9We/2227574/