Topics

I have to be doing something wrong

WA6ES@...

So far I have heard 6 passes pretty clear and made one contact. Using an arrow antenna and using the frequencies on the web site. I made the contact on SO-50. I wait until I hear calling. I transmit my call and location and wait, nothing and try it again until the Sat passes. I will keep trying but am I missing something

Thanks

Rick
WA6ES  DM03

Clint Bradford

Are you transmitting the required tone???

Robert Putala KE8UW

Some satellites have transmit and receive at 90 degrees from each other.  When receiving a sat, try transmitting after rotating the antenna 90 degrees.  I’m a newbie to satellites also, but it seemed to work.

Rob Putala
KE8UW

On Apr 21, 2020, at 5:13 PM, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Are you transmitting the required tone???

Richard Silva <rcksil@...>

Yup...67

On Apr 21, 2020, at 5:13 PM, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Are you transmitting the required tone???

Richard Silva <rcksil@...>

I will try rotating, can’t hurt

On Apr 21, 2020, at 5:40 PM, Robert Putala KE8UW <rcp@...> wrote:

Some satellites have transmit and receive at 90 degrees from each other.  When receiving a sat, try transmitting after rotating the antenna 90 degrees.  I’m a newbie to satellites also, but it seemed to work.

Rob Putala
KE8UW

On Apr 21, 2020, at 5:13 PM, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Are you transmitting the required tone???

Tim L

i just got a FULL DUPLEX HT last week but only had a chance to use it once. its been so cold and windy i don't  want to go out on the deck and play. i did go the day i got the radio and made one contact using the full duplex feature. the full duplex really helps. I have a Kenwood V71A that can run full duplex and i plan and giving that a try the soon as spring weather get here in NJ

"There are only 10 types of people in the world:

 Those who understand binary and those who don't"

In today's email world 97% of all email is spam, please don't contribute.

Came of age in the 60's, now I'm in my 60's ... Whoa, WTF happened?

Some satellites have transmit and receive at 90 degrees from each other.  When receiving a sat, try transmitting after rotating the antenna 90 degrees.  I’m a newbie to satellites also, but it seemed to work.

Rob Putala
KE8UW

On Apr 21, 2020, at 5:13 PM, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Are you transmitting the required tone???

Richard Silva <rcksil@...>

I also have one ,V71a,in the garage on shelf. I might give this a shot. I plan on setting up two HT’s and monitor that way. I was thinking the duplexes might be bad, but trying to think, head hurts now 😳. Probably something simple.

Rick
WA6ES