Topics

Recoding qsos

Paul Ecker

I have an id51 that I like to use a headset with. It has a dual plug for the speaker and mic jacks. I’d like to use a digital recorder to record my qsos with. Looking for ideas, methods people are using to funnel both sides of audio into a recorder

THANKS
73
paul
w2eck

Jerry Rappel

I use an Olympus VN-4100PC, there are others out there also.

Jerry WW0E

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 1:25 PM Paul Ecker <eckerpw@...> wrote:
I have an id51 that I like to use a headset with. It has a dual plug for the speaker and mic jacks. I’d like to use a digital recorder to record my qsos with. Looking for ideas, methods people are using to funnel both sides of audio into a recorder

THANKS
73
paul
w2eck

Clint Bradford

Heil has a nice single-side headset-mic -

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-016193

I like to keep things simple - use your smartphone as the recorder. No wiring to mess with!

Lou Harken

On 4/20/2020 13:25, Paul Ecker wrote:
I have an id51 that I like to use a headset with. It has a dual plug for the speaker and mic jacks. I’d like to use a digital recorder to record my qsos with. Looking for ideas, methods people are using to funnel both sides of audio into a recorder

THANKS
73
paul
w2eck

Paul Ecker

Clint
that is similar to what I have.
where to you place cellphone to capture all the audio?

paul

Clint Bradford

Shirt pocket!

Jerry Rappel

Anyone make one for the dual pin mic/earphone Yaesu FT-530?

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 1:41 PM Jerry Rappel via groups.io <ww0ejar=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anyone make one for the dual pin mic/earphone Yaesu FT-530?

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 1:36 PM Paul Ecker <eckerpw@...> wrote:
Clint
that is similar to what I have.
where to you place cellphone to capture all the audio?

paul

boho@...

The ID51 has a recording feature built in. Just insert a micro SD
card in the slot, enable the feature in the settings and you are done.
It records both sides of the conversation.

Mark
VE6BHO

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:25 PM Paul Ecker <eckerpw@...> wrote:

I have an id51 that I like to use a headset with. It has a dual plug for the speaker and mic jacks. I’d like to use a digital recorder to record my qsos with. Looking for ideas, methods people are using to funnel both sides of audio into a recorder

THANKS
73
paul
w2eck

Paul Ecker

Mark
Thank You. I had completely forgotten abo3that feature.  Bingo!

Tnx agn and 73
Paul

Jer W

Clint,
I use the Heil HTHDK for my Kenwood TH-D72A.
Its great.

Jerry...W8RQM

On Monday, April 20, 2020, 2:31:16 PM EDT, Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Heil has a nice single-side headset-mic -

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-016193

I like to keep things simple - use your smartphone as the recorder. No wiring to mess with!

Christian Hoffman

The id51 has an SD card and can record audio on the main band.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020, 11:25 AM Paul Ecker <eckerpw@...> wrote:
I have an id51 that I like to use a headset with. It has a dual plug for the speaker and mic jacks. I’d like to use a digital recorder to record my qsos with. Looking for ideas, methods people are using to funnel both sides of audio into a recorder

THANKS
73
paul
w2eck

Kevin Kimbro

I use a telephone pickup in one ear under my headset hooked to my digital recorder. I don’t use an interface with the radio. It Gets both Uplink and downlink recordings saved on the recorder.

Kevin Kimbro
NG4P@...