Topics

Grid line vs grid??

K5UNX

How do I log that? One contact in the log for each grid???

Brad Smith

Cool. I live 5 miles from an intersection of 4 grids.

KC9UQR

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Jun 14, 2018, at 10:19 AM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Yes! And it can even get better: Standing at a corner of four grids! You
can announce it on the air - and write ‘em down on a QSL card - that would be a unique one to receive!

Jer W

Edited

Clint,
I would like to try that at the 45th parallel here just 15 miles north of Traverse City, Michigan.
That is half way between the equator and the north pole. Since its 255 miles north of me, I will
try and make it up there later this Fall season and notify it here. Need to find that special QSL card
with the picture of the 45th parallel.

One note; Traverse City, Michigan is the Cherry Capitol of the world and the one week event is coming up in July.
The city has approximately 35,000 population, but for the Cherry Festival will bring around one million people.
I need to go up there and see how many hams have their call letters on their license plates.

73's,

Jerry...W8RQM

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:19 AM, Clint Bradford <clintbradford@...> wrote:

Yes! And it can even get better: Standing at a corner of four grids! You
can announce it on the air - and write ‘em down on a QSL card - that would be a unique one to receive!

Clint Bradford

Yes! And it can even get better: Standing at a corner of four grids! You
can announce it on the air - and write ‘em down on a QSL card - that would be a unique one to receive!

K5UNX

OK dumb question but  . . . I understand operating in a grid and activating it. But a grid line? Are you simply activating two grids at the same time?? Log two contacts? One for each grid??  I am getting my stuff together to start participating on the FM sat's. Just trying to learn a bit before I try it.