Do NOT Use Trasponder on AO-91

Clint Bradford

Tentatively ... DO NOT USE THE FM REPEATER YET ...

I was saddened to hear some West Coast hams using the FM voice transponder today ...

Improper protocol ("CQ CQ ... ") - but the bird has NOT officially been commissioned for
transponder use yet.

Responsible hams are awaiting official "GO!" announcement for the control team.

FROM THE CONTROL TEAM TODAY:

AO-91 transponder is on to produce telemetry with all systems active, while we examine unexpected maximum values we see.
Transponder is on but not open, please respect our request to keep clear.
Copy TLM to help.
05:15 11/23 pass we will command so please keep uplink clear.
TNX!

pg321@...

So what are the unexpected values referenced to?
These? below

(mA)
 1.0
 0.7
 768.6 , the last set of 768mA , doing nothing ie:inactive ?. i got the info/data from here
http://www.amsat.org/tlm/health.php?id=2&port=
Paul

Max White

EA stations heard working it over europe pass as i type....some people...