Three Hams Heading to ISS - Live NASA TV

Clint Bradford

FROM NASA - The next three crew members bound for the International
Space Station are set to launch on Tuesday, Dec. 15. NASA Television
will provide full coverage of the launch beginning at 5 a.m. EST.

Astronauts Tim Kopra KE5UDN of NASA and Tim Peake KG5BVI of ESA
(European Space Agency), and cosmonaut Yuri Malenchenko RK3DUP of
the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) will launch from the
Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at 6:03 a.m. (5:03 p.m. Baikonur
time) for a six-month stay on the orbital complex.

The three will travel in a Soyuz spacecraft, rendezvous with the space
station and dock to the Rassvet module at 12:24 p.m. NASA TV coverage
of docking will begin at 11:45 a.m.

Max White

Great shame that Tim Peake, as a UK/ESA astronaut, goes up with a US tech licence callsign, when he could have had an M or 2E to operate from orbit...

73 Max/M0VNG

To: Work-Sat@...
From: Work-Sat@...
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 13:22:42 +0000
Subject: AW: [Work-Sat] Three Hams Heading to ISS - Live NASA TV

Hello clint

After i got it 5 5imes (and i am guessing all other group members also) ..

YES WE GOT IT...THREE HAM OPS ARE HEADING TO ISS

Three ham ops are heading to iss

Three ham ops are ...

Ok ok I will stop it here :-)

Thanks for info

Greetz

Sigi

Dg9bfc

Ps ... could you PLEASE add the utc time to such news?!? (day and time if
needed depending on the launch site) ... you always have us times and
sometimes baikonur time included but not utc (gmt) and as you sure know all
hams count in utc (plus kitchen time for the xyl ... grin)

Siegfried Jackstien

If he has some spare time to go on the radio it will be vhf/uhf ... so no
problem about the license class I guess

Dg9bfc

Sigi

________________________________

To: Work-Sat@yahoogroups.com

FROM NASA - The next three crew members bound for the International
Space Station are set to launch on Tuesday, Dec. 15. NASA Television
will provide full coverage of the launch beginning at 5 a.m. EST.

Astronauts Tim Kopra KE5UDN of NASA and Tim Peake KG5BVI of ESA
(European Space Agency), and cosmonaut Yuri Malenchenko RK3DUP of
the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) will launch from the
Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at 6:03 a.m. (5:03 p.m. Baikonur
time) for a six-month stay on the orbital complex.

The three will travel in a Soyuz spacecraft, rendezvous with the space
station and dock to the Rassvet module at 12:24 p.m. NASA TV coverage
of docking will begin at 11:45 a.m.

Clint Bradford

It has been announced that Tim will be using the special International Space Station (ISS) call sign GB1SS during his current mission.

Clint

Siegfried Jackstien

Today morning I watched the launch live on nasa tv (and kept my fingers
crossed)

Hope all will run safely

Dg9bfc

Sigi