AMSAT PAGE

fejohnso

Is the AMSAT site still down? Every time I click on the bookmark that I have for the site I get a Page Not Found. If its not down, how do I find it? Thanks for the help.

Forrest.

beargyrils@...

Try this

BOB AF2Q

JoAnne Maenpaa <k9jkm@...>

> Is the AMSAT site still down? Every time I click on the bookmark that I have for the site I get a Page Not Found.

The new website team had an update in the AMSAT News Service Bulletins
ANS-069 which is archived at http://amsat.org/pipermail/ans/2013/000699.html
AMSAT.ORG Web Site Testing On-Line Now

The web development team, working on the recovery of the AMSAT-NA
web at http://www.amsat.org, reports the site is becoming active with testing of the system. As testing proceeds visitors to AMSAT's site will begin to see restoration of prior functionality and in- troduction of new features where appropriate. AMSAT VP User Services Gould Smith, WA4SXM said, "Our web team is making good progress in the restoration of popular features our users counted on in the past. This also gives us an opportunity to review some of the older content to prioritize in what order the system is brought back up." Although the pages seem sparsely populated at present, soon the entire web presence will assume a new look-and-feel with additional functionality, restored features, background graphics templates and overall look-and-feel. A site map feature is planned for development allowing quick navigation of the site's future multiple features. Clicking on "SAT STATUS" on the top of the new page will bring you to the Live OSCAR Satellite Status Page which currently resides at http://oscar.dcarr.org/. The roll-out of the Fox Project web pages can be accessed with a click on the menu bar at the top of the home page. Gould noted, "With the introduction of AMSAT's new web technology we plan to use a new content management system to roll out import- ant and and breaking satellite news via the web page as soon as our volunteers have the chance to post them." Continuing, Gould said, "We will still maintain our existing distribution via the AMSAT News Service so e-mail subscribers will not need to change anything. The ANS bulletins will still arrive in your in-box once a week." You are invited to view the prototyping work in-progress on the new AMSAT-NA web. Use the URL http://www.amsat.org. If you have prior cache entries or bookmarks set to www.amsat.org/amsat-new those will no longer work. [ANS thanks AMSAT VP User Services Gould Smith, WA4SXM and Joe Fitzgerald, KM1P for the above information]

--
73 de JoAnne K9JKM
k9jkm@...

JoAnne Maenpaa <k9jkm@...>

I hope this ANS bulletin about the status of the AMSAT web page may provide additional insight ...

[...]

Originally posted in ANS-069 on March 10, 2013.
Viewable on-line at http://amsat.org/pipermail/ans/2013/000699.html

--
73 de JoAnne K9JKM
k9jkm@...

I have been getting a database error for months now when I click sat status.

ke7ykp

On Mar 17, 2013, at 6:57 PM, beargyrils@... wrote:

Try this

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/about/