Von: Work-Sat@... [mailto:Work-Sat@...] Im Auftrag
von W6ABE
Gesendet: Samstag, 6. Oktober 2012 12:52
An: Work-Sat@...
Betreff: [Work-Sat] TRIPOD

I am looking to buy a tripod for mounting my ARROW II antenna. I had one
but it was old and broke down. I tried one from a friend, but the weight
of the antenna made it so it would not hold its elevation angle. Any one
have any suggestions. I would rather not spend top dollar but sometimes
you have to do what you have to do.
Thanks Ed W6ABE

Amir K9CHP

I use a cheap Wal-Mart tripod. Took all the photographic assembly off it, until I was left with a round piece which fit quite well in a 1.5 inch pvc pipe. I then used a t junction, added a short arm, put a hole in it and the Arrow antenna goes in it from the middle, where it breaks down. Elevation is controlled by friction. You can get fancy and use a threaded fitting. Elevation is easier to control that way and the thing won't fall apart on you ever so often. The other side of the t junction is used to hang my rig for balance. Everything is secured to the structure, so if I drop something, it does not fall to the ground. Weight wise, it is still portable,  not for backpacking, but park bench or field day definitely.

73 de Amir K9CHP
From my Acer Iconia A500 tablet

On Oct 6, 2012 8:51 AM, "W6ABE" <egenest@...> wrote:

I am looking to buy a tripod for mounting my ARROW II antenna. I had one but it was old and broke down. I tried one from a friend, but the weight of the antenna made it so it would not hold its elevation angle. Any one have any suggestions. I would rather not spend top dollar but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
Thanks Ed W6ABE

Jerry Barr

i used a trypod from old telescopewith a 1 1/2 in pipe for handle counterweightand mounted inclineometer on top hang one radio wit strap from that and the other sits on the lens traywhen i am not talkin onit
 the scope was a  cheapie from wallyworld and had poor optics anyway
let ure imagination go into work mode try anything til u find what works for u
jerrt kj6ntl  73s