Topics

Yaesu FT-60 Speaker Mic?

kc2nyu <eckerpw@...>

Just wondering how other FT-60 users who have a tripod mounted radio and antenna (I mounted mine using a K7AGE type bracket) hear and talk? In other words what is the most efficient way to hear and talk: 1) the radio speaker and installed mic, 2) external speaker mic (what model & brand) 3) external mic and radio speaker or 4) some other method?

Thanks and 73
Paul
KC2NYU

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

At demos when there's a lot of noise, I am using a 2W audio amp strapped to my Arrow for all to hear. But I am still hand-holding the Arrow, and using the Yaesu MH-34 speaker-mic to transmit.

Keep it simple!

Clint

Randy Schulze

I agree with "keep it simple!"

I hold the Arrow Antenna in one hand, with the FT-60 in the other. My small audio recorder is on a lanyard, hung around my neck. This arrangement does an outstanding job!

I did try experimenting with headset connected to the recorder, with the recorder connected to the radio. Al this did was complicate things with more wires, and no appreciable improvement in performance.

Like the man says, keep it simple!

Randy
KD0HKD

On 08/23/10, K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...> wrote:

At demos when there's a lot of noise, I am using a 2W audio amp strapped to my Arrow for all to hear. But I am still hand-holding the Arrow, and using the Yaesu MH-34 speaker-mic to transmit.

Keep it simple!

Randy Schulze
KD0HKD
Kansas City, Missouri
rschulze@...

kc2nyu <eckerpw@...>

Yaesu MH-34b4b it is, just ordered. Thank you gentlemen for quick and informative replies.

73, Paul

--- In Work-Sat@..., Randy Schulze <rschulze@...> wrote:

[...]

Well, Paul, although the "theme" of my "How to Work the FM Sats ... " presentations is that most hams already have the necessary equipment to work 'em ...

There's still plenty of folks here who can spend your money for you as well as any9ne else ...

(grin)

Clint

Yaesu MH-34b4b it is, just ordered ...