HTs and antennas..

Ross Primrose N4RP <n4rp@...>

Any thoughts on current HTs suitable for working the FM birds? Doesn't seem like any of them are full duplex...

On antennas, seems for the FM birds, crossed Yagis are popular, anyone tried a dual-band quad? Seems like a 2 element 2m and a three element 70cm quad on the same boom ought to be easy...

73, Ross N4RP

--
FCC Section 97.313(a) �At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.�

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

... Doesn't seem like any of them are full duplex ...
Only that new Alinco HT is "true" full duplex. I have been told by one owner that the most current firmware update does improve what has been described as "poor" sub-band receive sensitivity. I will get one, and see how it works.

And, of course, it is NOT mandatory that we work full-duplex - just a convenience to be able to hear the downlink when you key your mic.

... anyone tried a dual-band quad? Seems like a 2 element 2m and a three element
70cm quad on the same boom ought to be easy...
Ross - with A)-51 at 2.05W downlink power right now, just get yourself a few db of gain both ways, and you'll be successful!

Please keep us updated with what you use for an antenna.

Clint, K6LCS