Preamp

fejohnso

I am in the process of building the 70cm antennia which was in one of the QST magazines. It will probably be connected to my VX7R handheld as thats the only radio I have in that freq. Do I need to use some kind of preamp, if so, where do I find one?

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

If it was the Parasitic Lindenblad Antenna for 70 cm earlier this year, then yes, you might need a pre-amp, because it has very little gain.

Where are you in the country? Do you have really bad weather?

Clint, K6LCS

fejohnso

Yes, it is the Parasitic Lindenbald antennia. I am in Indianapolis, Ind, and its kinda cold standing out in my driveway at 6am trying to talk to the Oscar 51 satalite. Who sells a preamp or where can I get a kit to make one? Thanks for any help.

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

If you haven't already started that one ... how about building a simple Yagi instead?

But for the QST antenna, Ramsey has a low-cost kit for a 440 pre-amp ...

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=PR-SERIES

It should "buy" you at least 10 degrees a pass on acquisition and loss!

Clint, K6LCS
909-241-7666