AO-51 Modes for November

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

The AO-51 Control Team has posted the satellite schedule for the
month of November and the first week of December:

November 6 - November 12
-------------------------
FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.920 MHz FM
Downlink: 435.300 MHz FM

9k6 BBS, L/U
Uplink: 1268.700 MHz 9k6 FM
Downlink: 435.150 MHz 9k6 FM

November 13 - November 15
-------------------------
ZS1LS requested a weekend of the QRP repeater for the AMSAT-SA
group to use. QRP gets such little use here, and we had a request
for SSTV, so we are going for dual use this weekend.

FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.920 MHz FM
Downlink: 435.300 MHz FM

FM repeater, V/U SSTV and AMSAT-SA Event
Uplink: 145.880 MHz FM
Downlink: 435.150 MHz FM

November 16 - November 19
-------------------------
38k4 BBS, L/U
Uplink: 1268.700 MHz 9k6 FM
Downlink: 435.150 MHz 38k4 FM

November 20 - November 25
-------------------------
FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.920 MHz FM
Downlink: 435.300 MHz FM

9k6 BBS, L/U
Uplink: 1268.700 MHz 9k6 FM
Downlink: 435.150 MHz 9k6 FM

November 26 - November 29
-------------------------
FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.920 MHz FM
Downlink: 435.300 MHz FM

FM repeater, L/U
Uplink: 1268.700 MHz FM
Downlink: 435.150 MHz FM

November 30 - December 6
-------------------------
For the reversal, the Control Team is going to use the chargeable
magnet to reverse the orientation of AO-51 so the downlink antennas
and the L/S antenna will favor the southern hemisphere.

We have not done this before. We'll need as many quantitative obser-
vations before and after the flip as possible, especially from the
Southern Hemisphere. Tentative plans are to flip it on a Tuesday or
Wednesday after collecting some 5 second telemetry WOD files as a
baseline.

FM Repeater, V/U
Uplink: 145.920 MHz FM
Downlink: 435.300 MHz FM

9k6 BBS, L/U
Uplink: 1268.700 MHz 9k6 FM
Downlink: 435.150 MHz 9k6 FM

The latest AO-51 Control Team news can be found on-line at ...

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/CTNews.php