From: w6zkh@...
To: Work-Sat@...
Cc: "amsat-bb"
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2009 7:47:37 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [Work-Sat] success and maybe an arrow

Loren......I use an Elk dual-band log periodic yagi with my FT-60R and works great.  Doesnt need that diplexer, like the Arrow,  but the price is just abit cheaper than the Arrow.  Also breaks down into a nice package, and I made an ABS tube for mine to carry it in.  Sort of an overkill, but at least it wont get crushed by an 18 wheeler.  I used the HT/Elk setup on a 3 week vacation last month to back into Georgia, and worked quite a bit of grids locations and also stations with good success.

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu207/w6zkh/Vacation2009033.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu207/w6zkh/Vacation2009034.jpg

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu207/26zkh/Vacation2009030.jpg

John W6ZKH