Re: Light Duty Satellite Antenna Rotator

Steve [AA8AF]

I looked at this too and believe they are selling basically the mechanical parts:  mount, servos and limit switches.

What is missing is the controller to drive the servos to track the satellite in response to inputs from your tracking software, reorient the mount to continue tracking beyond the limits, as well as to initially orient the mount (north-south, level, etc.).

However, looks like he sells a solar tracking controller:

Steve
AA8AF

On Dec 1, 2022, at 12:04 PM, Max Becker <maxheadspace@...> wrote:

Does seem to have potential.  I imagine there's some kind of tracking/controlling option. I'd be interested.