Re: Introduction

K6LCS <clintbrad4d@...>

Hello, Ed!

... a pair of FT-817ND's ...
One of them will suffice ... they can be programmed in "split frequency" mpde, where it will receive on 440 and transmit on 2M.

It's on page 45 on my FT-817 manual. But if you're using software to program your '817s, it's even easier to do.

... an Arrow II antenna with duplexer on the way ...
With its single antenna lead from its duplexer, it's a great antenna for the '817!

... satellite tracking app on my iPod touch ...
Which one did you choose? Have you "double-checked" its readings with, say, the AMSAT site? Or Heavens-Above.com? Or, for AO-51, I have a live tracking widget for AO-51 at ...

http://www.work-sat.com

You've got the "satellite bug," Ed!

Clint, K6LCS