Hams and the Weather

Clint Bradford

What is the fascination between hams and meteorology?

I was fascinated with the weather in 4th grade. Made a weather station in
the back yard. Wet bulb hygrometer ... barometer ... millibar conversion ...

Here's something: 622-2501. The phone number, 622-2501. That was the
US Weather Bureau's office in Pomona, California. WAS is the operative word:
They have been GONE for fifty years. But that phone number is still in my brain
to this day. (But don't ask me where my car keys are RIGHT NOW ... )

Any of you enjoy the weather - more than just looking out the window to determine
whether (poor pun, sorry) or not you'll be sporting a jacket for the day?

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCAMIRAL20