SO-50, SO-50, Where Art Thou SO-50 ...

Mike Jensen (ZL4IA)

Tips please on how to reliably work SO-50. I have not heard it here in ZL, is there a beacon?

I understand the bird has to be armed before use, how does one do this?

I am using an Icom ID-51A Plus2 with 5W and a Diamond SRH770S antenna.

Please bear with me. I had such good results with AO-91 here in ZL and could work it reliably with a 5W HT and it's stock duckie antenna.
Since it's demise I have tried PO-101 (can hear it's CW beacon) and SO-50 (silent). I miss AO-91, such a great beacon with the female voice.

Thanks
Mike
ZL4IA