Re: Is the ISS FM repeater now dead?

David, N9KT

Can you enlighten me as to why AMSAT-NA not having any operational satellites is "very concerning"? From my standpoint, as long as there are satellites I can use I'm happy. Also, isn't AO-7 an AMSAT-NA satellite? According to the current status page it's working.

I know AMSAT-NA has had some bad luck, but I believe things ebb and flow. For a while, the US had to depend on the Russians to get to the ISS. Now, SpaceX is turning into a regular bus!

I personally don't care who puts up some FM transponders, I just wish they would hurry! 😀

-David, N9KT

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 10:17 PM Stefan Wagener <wageners@...> wrote:
What actually is very concerning, if I am not mistaken,  is that AMSAT-NA has now no operational satellite in orbit and any replacement is many, many years away!

Stefan VE4SW

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 8:28 PM David Spoelstra <davids@...> wrote:
For us with just FM HTs, this is getting dire!
-David, N9KT

On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 9:08 PM Clint Bradford via groups.io <clintbradford=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Believe so. ARISS will try to use the Russian rig for ARISS contacts in the meantime.