Re: Operating tips

Arup

David,

Yes, I do need to turn the squelch off. I thought it was weird that the Yaseu FT-71 was so quiet with the squelch "off". My baofeng did have the white noise. Somehow I was able to get a good recording of PO101 in the middle of the afternoon over the weekend even with the squelch on!

Turns out I just turned the "squelch threshold level" off. As a new ham I don't fully understand the difference between "squelch" and "squelch threshold level", but turning the "squelch" off will definitely help in my endeavors.

And thank you for the advice.

Arup
KE8OTP