Re: ISS Repeater Success

Brad Smith

David, you are correct about the powerful stations taking over the FM birds and stepping on anyone they choose. It is a sad commentary on ham radio etiquette. Because they can, they do.

Personally, I do not believe that 3 steps would be very effective for HT's. I think you would lose contact with the bird between steps. Maybe Clint might offer an opinion on this. I personally think that more steps (7) would make better contact with the bird, but that is not possible on radios that I use because of the minimum step available.

Brad KC9UQR