Re: How important is it to have a full duplex ht

Sean Favata <seanfavata@...>

Wow - Nice setup Paul.  Looks like a lot fun!
73,
KM4SFF

On May 17, 2020 at 5:00 PM, Paul AC9O <pphiliphome@...> wrote:

I am new to satellites, less than a month. And having a blast!

Most definitely full duplex. I started with a TH-D72 and a headset. It worked great but had a tough time recording sessions on my smart phone. It can be done as the smart phone hear me very well, and can actually pick up the downlink audio enough to hear. the problem is with external noises, neighbors, cars, etc. can mask the receive audio. I didn't want to patch in another recorder, so I lived with it.

I then took my other ht, a FT3DR and use that now on the downlink. It has built-in recording so it works great to enter logs after the session.

Here's a pic of my setup with an Arrow mounted to a camera "C" handle with the HTs on either side. Very comfy to hold and control....